CELTA in Rome, Italy
With Globally Speaking you can finally get ready for CELTA in Rome, Italy.
Cambridge English Language Assessment Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults is the practical English language teaching qualification that gives you the essential knowledge, hands-on teaching experience and classroom confidence to qualify as a teacher of English as a Second Language (ESL).
Cambridge CELTA is accredited level 5 on the UK National Qualifications Framework and is recognized by employers of English Language Teachers globally.
Who can apply for Celta in Rome, Italy?
Celta courses are suitable either for those with and without teaching experience. Applicants should have a level of English at CEFR high C1 / C2 level and will be asked to complete a written task before being invited to interview.
What topics are covered?
The CELTA course includes 5 main topics:
- Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism.
Celta in Rome, Italy. How is the course organised?
Full time course:
- It lasts 5 weeks with over 120 contact hours which include at least 6 hours observation of experienced teachers and 6 assessed hours of teaching practice.
- Candidates will need to dedicate an additional minimum of 80 hours for the required reading, research, pre- and post-session tasks, assignments and lesson preparation.
- Lessons run from Monday to Thursday, 10.00 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
- It lasts 20 weeks and you will have over 120 contact hours of required attendance.
- Lessons run every Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
How much does the course cost?
€ 1,650 including Cambridge fee.
If you decide to get ready for CELTA in Rome, Italy, the course will be an incredible opportunity for both personal growth and to enjoy one of the most beautiful city in the world.
How is payment made?
By bank transfer, or at Globally Speaking by credit or debit card. € 500 deposit upon acceptance to secure your place on the course; € 1,150 three weeks before the course start date. For bank details, click here.
What happens before I’m accepted on a CELTA course?
Before you are invited for an interview, you will be asked to complete a written task. This will include a focus on language awareness as well as consideration of other issues related to teaching English. If this written task shows that you have the appropriate level of English and the potential to develop the skills needed to pass the course, you will be invited to an interview.
Do I need to have teaching experience before I start a CELTA course?
If you decide to get ready for Celta in Rome, Italy, you are not requested for any previous teaching experience to be enrolled. Our classes are also taken by people who have some experience of teaching English, and people who have experience of teaching other subjects.
What are the written assignments on the CELTA course about?
There are 4 written assignments on the CELTA course, which focus on:
- analysing and responding to learner needs
- analysing language for teaching purposes
- teaching language skills
- reflecting on classroom teaching.
How is the course assessed?
Assessment takes place throughout the course.
Candidates submit a portfolio of all coursework including 4 written assignments and materials related to teaching practice.
Celta in Rome, Italy. What are the next course dates?
Full time course dates
10.00 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Part time course dates
10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Every Friday from January 10th, 2020 to June 5th, 2020
Christmas break: from December 15th, 2019 to January 10th, 2020
Easter break: no lesson Friday, April 10th, 2020
National holiday: no lesson Friday, May 1st, 2020
Celta in Rome, Italy. What support will I receive?
Highly qualified CELTA tutors will offer support to CELTA trainees throughout the course. They will be available for consultation and at least one face to face tutorial to discuss trainees’ progress.
Globally Speaking will offer candidates support in suggesting language schools worldwide who are recruiting CELTA qualified teachers.
Useful links for CELTA:
Certificazioni riconosciute a livello internazionale per gli esami
Cambridge English, IELTS, TOEFL, DELE, HSK, DELF e FIT